Stratis offers research and strategic services for cultural institutions, all levels of government, and private corporations. We deliver focused research with action-oriented recommendations and communication points. Our work includes jurisdictional scans, cultural resource assessments and planning, own-source revenue generation (also called self-generated revenue), strategic partnerships, program assessments, independent reviews, and other services. Our clients have included national, provincial, and local organizations and government.
Education and Training
Stratis creates detailed custom curriculum, including learning objectives, lesson plans, course manuals, test banks, and other specialized materials for public or private courses delivered online or in-person. This includes short courses, professional development courses, as well certificate and diploma programs. We develop courses in challenging areas such as intercultural competence, anti-racism, conflict resolution, human rights, welcoming communities, cultural safety, technical and scientific training, and others.
Stratis assembles multi-disciplinary teams to create custom training that addresses the most difficult and yet common societal challenges. We understand the history and context of complex problems and offer culturally appropriate and culturally sensitive approaches.
Areas of Expertise
- jurisdictional scans, national and/or international, delivering a synthesis of issues and communication points grounded in current realities
- applied research including qualitative (e.g., focus groups), and quantitative (e.g., surveys) methods to inform evidence-based policy and decision-making
- data visualization
- "primary research" aimed at understanding issues, challenges, and solutions.
- archival & historical research
- literature reviews
- media scans and summaries
- knowledge translation
- watching briefs - we will monitor the progress of projects, policy developments, and other matters and provide reports, summaries, and updates either ongoing or "moment in time"
- assessment tools and rubrics
- customized education and training
- strategic planning
- applied social sciences (e.g., anthropology & sociology)
- cultural heritage assessments
- federal, provincial, territorial, and Indigenous governments
- health care practitioners
- law enforcement and corrections professionals
- legal professionals and law students
- settlement workers
- K-12 educators
- retail and service industry workers
- social workers
- and others...
We'd love to help...
Drop us a note and we will get back to you shortly!